- Your device isn’t up-to-date with at least Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 Update.
- Windows Update is turned off or is not set to received updates automatically.
- You’ve blocked or uninstalled the necessary Windows Update functionality.
- Your device is not running genuine Windows.
- Your device is running Windows 7 Enterprise, Windows 8/8.1 Enterprise or Windows RT/RT 8.1, which are excluded from this reservation offer.
- Your device is managed as part of a school or business network. (Check with your IT administrator)
- PCs that we determine cannot run Windows 10 will not see the Get Windows 10 app before July 29th. After July 29th, we’ll enable the icon in the system tray. This is to help ensure that you can easily check your PC’s compatibility if you choose.
- Open Notepad
- Copy the following text and paste it into Notepad:
NTCurrentVersionAppCompatFlagsUpgradeExperienceIndicators” /v UpgEx |
/v UtcOnetimeSend /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
ExperienceMicrosoft Compatibility Appraiser”
ExperienceMicrosoft Compatibility Appraiser” | findstr Ready
- Now in Notepad, click Save As and in file name box, change the file name to ReserveWin10.cmd.
- Open the dropdown next to Save as type and select All files (*.*).
- Select the folder where you’ll save the file. I saved it in .
- Open Command Prompt from start menu or type in search box, right click on Command Prompt and select Run as
- Run the saved Notepad file from the location where it was saved. For that, type the following C:/Temp/ReserveWin10.cmd in command prompt and hit enter.
This will check your system meets all prerequisites and then will turn on Get Windows10 app. This can take 10-30 minutes to run.
device is supported or not.
- Open Control Panel and go to Administrative Tools.
- Double click on it and then open Task Scheduler
- In Task Scheduler library go to Microsoft>Windows>Setup
- Click on Setup and select GWXTriggers, in the right
side click on run and voila its done.
See the below images for better clarity.
Now you to just relax, Windows10 files will be pre downloaded on your system
and then after the release of Windows10 on 29th July, you just need to install the downloads and immerse yourself into the joys of Windows10.