Pokemon Go, the game from Niantic has been the talk of the town in recent times. The game has taken the world by storm and people absolutely love to play Pokemon Go anywhere the game has been released. Pokemon Go fans have been overwhelmed, even the countries where the game is not released yet. People in these unsupported countries are waiting eagerly to get their hands on the game. There are methods out there by which you can play Pokemon Go anywhere in the world. And here today we will show you how to play the Pokemon Go anywhere in the world.
Pokemon Go was first released in New Zealand and Australia and then was later released to the other countries including the U.S, Japan, and some other European countries. The game became the most downloaded app in the first week of its release in App Store in the U.S. market. Consider this according to some estimates the game has been downloaded over 100 million times in just one month. Well, that is a big achievement for any app.
Since the time game has been released, people in countries where the game is not available for download feel left out. At first, I was not interested in the game plus Pokemon Go being not released in India I thought to give the game a miss for the time being. But that was not to happen, I have been receiving many questions regarding what the game is how to play it. So I finally decided to get my hands dirty and become a Pokemon catcher 😉 .
I searched Google and found people using APK files to download the Pokemon Go on their Android devices. The issue with getting the game with APK method is that it is not always the best secure method. I myself don’t prefer it and also don’t suggest the same to others as well. Well, on iOS you all know that APKs can’t be used anyhow.
So what’s the way out for this problem? Read on to see how you can play Pokemon Go anywhere in the world without needing to use any insecure methods of using unverified APK files. The method I’ll be explaining works 100% for sure as I got the Pokemon Go game on my Android phone.
To play Pokemon Go on Android and iOS in unsupported countries the only thing needed is just an email id. You need not use your main email for this. So get ready to take the jump into the world of Pokemon Go by knowing how to play Pokemon Go anywhere in the world.
How to play Pokemon Go anywhere on Android
As already said the method of getting the game via APK method is not always secure plus there is another issue with the APK method. Even if you get your hands on a genuine copy the side loaded game would not be able to get the updates from the Play Store. And updates are important as they bring the bug fixes, security patches plus additional features to the game; in this case more Pokemon.
So the best alternative is to get the game from the Play Store of supported country. We will use the US, as I have already done this so I know for sure the method works. Follow the steps below and you will be set to play Pokemon Go in just a matter of minutes. Doing this process did not take much time, it took me more time to write the steps than to do this.
- Open Settings on your Android phone, search for Accounts and then tap on the Add Account and select Google.
- Add your Gmail address, this will be used to access the Play Store in US, so don’t use your main account. I did not have an extra Gmail account so I created a new one. Follow the steps to add the account on your phone.
- Now open wallet.google.com/manage/w/0/#settings and login with the same account which you have added recently in your phone. Once the login is done the page will prompt to select a country, choose the United States and enter a pin code. In the payment method select None, or you can add your details if you wish so. Do this step on your PC, would be much easier to complete.
- Open Play Store search for VPN app, download and install on your Android Phone. There are a lot of options for VPN apps, free as well as paid on Play Store, choose any. I used FlashVPN Free VPN Proxy, the app is pretty basic and simple to use and moreover its free.
- Open the FlashVPN app, on the top right corner tap on three dots and select Location. A menu will open up which would be set to Auto change that to United States and then tap on Continue under FlashVPN is ready to connect message.
- Next step is open Play Store on your phone, tap on three horizontal lines on the top. Select the newly added account from the drop down. Your device is now connected to the US Play Store.
- Search Pokemon Go, install the app, once done change the account in Play Store to your main account.
- Close the VPN app not needed now, open Pokemon Go app setup account and have fun.
How to play Pokemon Go anywhere on iOS
To play Pokemon Go anywhere on iOS devices, the steps are similar to one we have done for Android. But since there are some minor subtle changes I’ll be explaining how to get Pokemon Go on iOS as well.
- Create a new Apple ID here using an email which is not your primary email. Select the country as United States.
- Open App Store from the Home Screen on your device, scroll to the bottom of the page and tap on your Apple ID. Select Sign Out from the pop-up menu.
- Now tap on Sign In and enter your new created Apple ID and password.
- Next tap on Review when the following message comes up “ This Apple ID has not yet been used in the iTunes Store.” Tap on United States under Country or Region and tap Next.
- Agree to terms & conditions of the App Store.
- When asked for billing information tap None.
- Enter a valid US based address and phone number Google will be handy for this step.
- Finally, tap Done on the top right, and your US based iTunes account is ready to use.
- Just search for Pokemon Go and tap on Get to download the game. Have fun catching all the Pokemon.
- Switch back to your main account in the App store, but logging out of the US based account from the bottom of the App Store page.
See how easy it is to get and play Pokemon Go anywhere in the world on Android and iOS devices. Just follow these simple steps as they are. That’s all for now, I will be bringing more tips and tricks for Pokemon Go in the coming days. Meanwhile, if you have any question or suggestion just comment below.
P.S.: I must request all to please play the game carefully, always keep notice of what’s happening around you. When you are playing and searching for Pokemon don’t play near traffic areas. This is to note while playing keep in mind the privacy and space of other people.